Learning and Teaching Academy
About the Academy
The Academy was formed by the ACDA to inform innovation and quality in tertiary teaching practice in Agriculture and related disciplines.
The Academy aims to:
- encourage the scholarship of learning and teaching (SoLT) for agricultural educators
- provide reward and recognition for excellence and innovation in tertiary agricultural education via the Australian University Agriculture Education Awards for Excellence in Teaching
- promote and sustain the implementation and regular update of the national Threshold Learning Outcomes (TLOs) for Agriculture
- support interactions between tertiary and secondary agricultural educators and industry.
To promote leadership and share good practice in agricultural education, community-of-practice events are held regularly:
- Online workshops (at least twice per year)
- Ag Ed Symposium (every two years)
Refreshing the Threshold Learning Outcomes for Agriculture Online Workshop Thursday 14th September 2023 [Please register HERE]
Our 3rd Ag Ed Symposium will be hosted by CQUniversity Australia and take place on the 6th and 7th of February 2024 in Rockhampton.
The Australian University Agriculture Education Awards for Excellence in Teaching will also be presented at AgEd24. Applications close 11th October - please see this PDF for more details of the application requirements.
Agricultural Education Symposium: Growing the Future International Journal of Innovation in Science and Maths Education (IJISME) Special Issue [2019; volume 27(4)]:
Agricultural Education IJISME Special Issue [2021; volume 29(4)]:
ACDA LTA Steering Group 2023-2024
Amanda Able (University of Adelaide), Convenor, ACDA LTA
Amy Cosby (Central Queensland University), Convenor, Ag Ed Symposium Organising Committee
Janelle Wilkes (University of New England), Convenor, Education Awards Committee
Sarita Bennett (Curtin University), Vice-President ACDA
Tina Botwright Acuña (University of Tasmania)
Beth Loveys (University of Adelaide)
Marisa Collins (La Trobe University)
Sarah Frankland (University of Melbourne)
Zora Singh (Edith Cowan University)